iPad 3: 10 Ways to Maximize Your Productivity Right Now
Could you use an executive assistant? Or someone to help manage your too-long to-do list? If you have an iPad 3, you already have the power of an executive assistant at your fingertips, but without the salary and benefits.
The key to transforming your iPad 3 into a productive assistant is to load it with the right apps. When you maximize your iPad’s capabilities, you maximize your own productivity.
Here are 10 ways to tap into your iPad’s inner executive assistant:
1. Max out the iPad’s memory in the cloud. ICloud, Dropbox, Evernote, and other online sharing and storage sites allow you to increase the memory and capacity of your iPad for just a few dollars a month. These services also allow you to maintain real-time sync with other computers and devices, and delegate and share business critical information from wherever you happen to be.
2. Manage your files from the iPad. Immediately access all your important files. With easy-to-use business apps on iPad, like Quickoffice Pro and Documents to Go, you can review and edit Microsoft Office and iWork files, fine-tune presentations, and annotate PDFs on the fly.
3. Make the iPad your go-to travel agent. CX Mobile is an award-winning application that handles many of your travel activities, facilitating bookings and managing your flights. CX also makes traveling easier by letting you handle your check-in, flight status, flight schedules, and gives you access to city guides worldwide.
4. Crystallize your strategic thinking with mindmaps. If you have some spare time on your hands and an executive mindset that’s always thinking about new ideas and projects, you’ll want to be able to mindmap on your iPad. IThoughtsHD brings mindmapping to the iPad. IThoughtsHD imports and exports mindmaps to and from many of the most popular desktop mindmap applications, such as MyThoughts, Freemind, Freeplane, XMind, Novamind, MindManager, MindView, ConceptDraw MINDMAP, MindGenius and iMindmap.
5. Manage projects on the fly. Use your iPad to keep your finger on the pulse of all your projects in process. Basecamp is a web-based project-management tool that offers to-do lists, wiki-style web-based text documents, milestone management, file sharing, time tracking, and a messaging system. It can also be integrated with 37signals’ own Campfire product.
6. Set aside important articles to read later. Like a helpful executive assistant, Instapaper saves web pages and articles you would like to read offlineSave them with Instapaper, then read them later when you’re commuting, in a meeting, or waiting in line. You can browse articles that your friends posted on Facebook, Twitter, or Tumblr. Or browse the Editor’s Picks, curated by hand from the Instapaper community’s most-saved stories.
7. Host meetings on the road. The incredibly thin and light iPad design, 10-hour battery life, and convenient wireless connectivity make iPad your mobile office on-the-go. Using apps like GoToMeeting or Skype – or the built-in FaceTime app – you can attend or host online meetings with clients, share agendas, and make video calls with colleagues. Present and share your ideas on the go.
8. Take and keep accurate notes anytime. Capture business notes in the format you find most useful, using a stylus, recorder, or keyboard. Penultimate is a popular app for the stylus or finger, as is Note Taker HD. AudioNote and SoundNote let you take notes while recording audio to your iPad. WritePad lets you take notes on a keyboard or handwrite them and turn them into text later. Whether you prefer to type, hand-write, or dictate your notes, there’s a note-taking app for you.
9. Who needs an assistant?! Bring your iPad instead. If you already use FileMaker Pro on a Mac or PC, the FileMaker Go for iPad app is the perfect extension of your FileMaker Pro database. With FileMaker Go for iPad, you can update inventory levels directly to your company database while you’re in the warehouse, or check the current availability of a specific product when you’re with a customer. You can also take advantage of the signature capture feature in FileMaker Go to complete sales transactions or equipment lending paperwork on the spot.
10. Manage your clients and their information. With its wireless connectivity, iPad gives you on-the-spot access to customer information, sales data, and task lists in real time. Record data during sales calls, so you don’t have to spend extra time entering or transcribing notes after meetings. Or get mobile access to most enterprise CRM databases, including SAP, Oracle, and Salesforce.com—all from your iPad.
Get the work of two or more people done, all with the help of your handy iPad.
What are your favorite iPad apps?
Image courtesy of: